Monday, March 22, 2010

A story that starts in the middle

Today I was thinking again about trying to unpack my brain and how I work, feel, and act. As I was deep in thought a few quotes and statements in my trauma class stood out to me.

A presenter talked about how writing was his way to unpack his junk box (his brain/thought). He said that if you are just holding it all in one box in your hands and you don't have someplace to lay it all out then it is just a useless and confusing box but through writing it all out it could be made sense of just like having space to unpack that junk box.

Then at another point in class a classmate said,
"There are no facts, there are only stories, your story and my story.
There are no facts, only stories." -Roger

I liked that. Only the stories we have lived and not what REALLY happened but how we interpret it and find meaning in it and that meaning becomes our truth.

So with these two in mind I come here to unpack my brain, my junk box. To tell my story and fine meaning in it and come to understand my life's truths.

Not for anyone else but for me but if others find meaning from this, blessings to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment